A Coffee Addicts Morning Routine is almost always the same, But First Coffee! Hello loves. So nice to have you here. My name is Victoria, call me Vic if you like. I cannot go a day without my coffee. I tried before and it doesn’t work. My body is just immune to it by now. Here’s a little background about how we came about. I’ve been meaning to update this post and so glad I got a minute to do so! We’ve since relocated back to SW FL and there’s new happenings in my morning routine.
We’ve been blessed enough to live near beaches for the better part of my adult life. There’s really nothing more soothing. It’s calming, beyond relaxing and beautiful. If I could take my morning coffee down to the beach every single day to watch the sun rise, believe me; I would. Not lucky enough to own a house on the beach quite yet. Keep donating please. Haha. No seriously, I cannot thank you enough for keeping up with me over the past 12 years. Yep! Been blogging ever since 2010.
How A Coffee Addict Spends Her Mornings
Between 4-6 AM, I wake up naturally. The sun usually rises here around 7. We now live on a preserve and the master bedroom is right next to it. Sun shines in naturally with blinds closed. The coffee pot is set the previous night. I usually won’t get up unless I smell it brewing. The scent alone gets me going. Well now that I’m in my 40’s, the bladder just wakes me up no problem.
Morning Self Care Routine For A Coffee Addict Mama
10 Things I Do Every Single Morning
- Check my phone– I always turn the notifications off before bed so I can actually get a good nights rest. The only reason I check the phone straight away is because of my kids. The other things can wait until I’ve had a cup of coffee.
- Go to the bathroom and brush my teeth (lightly).
- Pour my coffee– If Doug gets up at the same time, I will pour his too. He rarely pours mine but he’s getting better. LOL.
- Make the bed.
- Move the stuff in front of the door back to it’s normal place. (I have severe anxiety before I go to sleep but that’s another topic).
- Sit down on top of the cats because they refuse to move out of my chair. Haha. Doug’s mom gave us an oversized chair and ottoman, and boy do these cats love it. I mean like seriously, can I sit down and enjoy my cuppa. Cats rule the world.
Just recently we made a big move, relocated back down south to help my mother in law and not even 3 months of being here was smashed by a truck who’s driver had no insurance and was texting. So, I’ve been really taking my mornings to relax as much as I possibly can. I run a stress free life (I’d like to think), and it’s just important for me to slowly adjust to new surroundings, etc..
Normally it takes me years to recoup from trauma. I will gain weight, lose weight, have good days and bad ones. More often than not I’m extremely tense. Natural remedies is all I can do. I barely remember to take Aleve for inflammation let alone go to a doctor for treatment.
I enjoy iced coffee after two cups of hot. A black cup and a cup with creamer and some sugar. Not a lot. I have been so good about cutting my sugar intake.
Working From Home Mama
Since Covid, I’ve been mostly working from home creating ways to bring in some extra income and selling on FB marketplace. It’s been nice to have that outlet. Most of my selling is online through different platforms and to be honest, it’s hard to keep up. I have some good weeks and some not so well.
- Open The Laptop– Emails are the first thing I open due to shop related messages and sales. I make sure I check everyday because my listings all state 1 business day. I then work on editing posts if necessary. If the website looks good or has recently been updated I will wait a week before making changes.
- Open The Apps– The ONLY reason I open these so quickly is because I have notifications that need to be addressed in certain groups we run. FB is an important one to update and the others typically get pulled open to post come afternoon time.
Morning Is Me Time
Finally I get to address my beauty routine. Whew. Never saw that coming. A quick splash of cold water on my face is all I do before really washing up. I throw my hair up in a messy bun if I’m not washing today and get to pampering. These rollers are everything mama!
Bouncing back and forth between the bathroom, the kitchen and wherever the laptop is, I find a way to figure out what time I’ll want to head out for the day. I’m lucky enough to make my own schedule so, typically I wake up 3-4 hours before I need to leave the house.
Self Care Morning Routines
I start washing up about an hour into my mornings. I don’t wash my hair everyday, so I’m pretty happy that my natural locks don’t get greasy or anything like that. I just spray some dry shampoo in and fluff with my fingers to give it a bounce. If I’m heading out to go cleaning, I’ll throw it up in a sloppy bun. If I’m experiencing the onset of a migraine I will keep it down.
My attire is usually yoga pants, a tee, an apron and some sneakers. Not a whole lot of prettiness going on for this house cleaner, so getting dressed is a breeze!
Mornings Be Like
Routine is everything for me. Being organized is a must. Little things like not having the coffee set the previous night could throw my entire day off. Or not loading my own dishwasher, clearing the sink or picking things up off the floors.
Yes, I do all of that cleaning before leaving the house. I have to. If Mama’s house ain’t clean, nobody’s house is getting cleaned.
During busier months I will do more nightly routines to make mornings flow much easier. I am a sloppy house cleaner but I’m very efficient in the way that I do things. I’m also very quick. I’ve been doing it since I was 12. You don’t have to do it all perfectly. I’ll never be a perfect house cleaner, but I will be a consistent one that maintains some style of sanity.
How do you tackle your morning routines? I’d love to hear. Take it easy mama. Until next time, more coffee please.