Hello my coffee and blog addicts! You may hear me talk about this a lot because every business needs a blog. Blogging isn’t just for moms, foodies and fashion guru’s, it’s so much more than just a journal of one’s lifestyle. If you have a business or a brand you’re trying to grow, you must learn how to become a better blogger. A Coffee Addicts Guide To Blogging is perfect for small business websites as well, so take the time to learn more about blogging if you’re new here! It’s well worth the time and effort.
TOP 5 REASONS EVERY BUSINESS NEEDS A BLOG
If you’re a new business owner chances are you’ve already established a website. Personally I go buy a domain and use WordPress because you can create any style of site using this platform. It’s easy to learn and it makes your site look more professional than using a free blogging platform. I don’t think it’s impossible to have a successful business without owning your own website, it’s just a personal preference for many! Learn how to market your business for free.
- SEO – The number one reason your website should have a blog attached to it is for SEO purposes. If you are starting a business you need to boost your presence on Google, fast! Whether you are an online business or a brick and mortar, blogging will increase your SEO score in 6 months or less. Some successful businesses have been in business for over 10 years and still struggle with online marketing. Having a blog attached to your website shows Google that you are dedicated and in fact, love your website. For those of you that are not familiar with Search Engine Optimization, please follow this step by step guide to establishing a good connection with Google.
- Builds A Relationship – Customers and potential clients want that connection more than anything. When you start blogging for your business and even throwing in some of your personal lives to establish that connection, you land more leads. If you don’t know this by now, consumers purchase from the ones they connect with. They buy things to help support the people they like and love. Build a fan base through your writing.
- Sales Funnels – I’ve attempted to change my mindset on this topic because I’ve been a blogger for so long and know that building sales funnels does in fact work when growing your brands. However, I’m still learning how to do this tastefully to prevent spammy emails. The goal of your business is to grow and sales funnels generate sales, duh….so, having a blog attached to your websites provides a way for you to form that email list fast and easy!
If you spend half of your days marketing your brands on social media, then you can find time to blog for your business! It’s not going to grow itself. In fact, you blow your business out of the water by paying more attention to blogging and less social media. Pinterest and blogging are the two most important marketing tools when growing your business fast and easy. Spending too much of your time trying to make IG + FB connections? Show up on Google and Pinterest. You’ll see a dramatic difference. Don’t understand Pinterest for business? No worries, we’ve got you covered.
Having a blog is extremely important when building an online presence for your businesses and brands because there are tons of companies looking to collaborate with new faces like you! Blogging opens the doors for so much more than gaining clients. It is another way to make money!
How To Make Money Off Your Business Blog
Bloggers know there are several ways to bring in some extra income while blogging. It’s a well known secret and one that I’ve conquered many times. As you can see I maintain a rather clean blog. I like my websites like I like my home. Clean and Sassy. That’s one of the reasons I do not participate in affiliate marketing. But I do share some classy ways to earn money from your blog. It’s actually a fantastic way to connect with your buyers and also do something you’re good at. I personally love writing. It’s been an outlet of mine for a very long time now and it relieves a lot of stress. If blogging is not your thing, I encourage everyone to take the time to master it.
- Make Even More Money – Businesses with blogs create more money flow. You’ll be happy to know that once your blog gets established through Google, you can start different ways to generate more income. To name a few: sponsored posts, ebooks and courses, ads, and product sales. Your website and blogs are so much more than just a way to gain more business for your actual business, it’s a way to create even more types of businesses.
- Your Blog Is Your Brand – Many brick and mortar businesses don’t have a clue why blogging is so important. If you have a website, your blog is your brand. Focus on using your blog to teach the community about you and your company. Share posts on how to do something that relates to your business. When you have a blog, you create your brand. And when you create your brand through blog posts, you establish a real business.
Wow! That last tip just struck a heartfelt nerve with me. I think it’s crucial to your business to establish a brand through your blogs. If you want to learn how to be a successful blogger, join our groups and let’s do this!! I’m rooting for you. You’ve got this whole blogging shit down and you are gonna make it happen. Until next time, more coffee please.