It’s pretty cool when you discover reasons to do something. Almost like, here…..take a hint. I mean, do what everyone else is doing because……No! Not likely. There’s tons of reasons you haven’t tried blogging but I’m going to give you the top 5 reasons to start a blog. Obviously targeted towards those who haven’t signed up yet!! A Coffee Addicts Guide to Blogging is now live. You’ll find tons of tips on how to blog, etc, etc. If you have any specific topics you’d like us to tackle, just leave a comment below.
I started blogging over nine years ago and have truly never understood why I allowed breaks to get in the way! Maybe because I am a Gemini and things change a lot for me but overall I never had a clear path on where I wanted my blogs to go. So, I’m going to give you all the info you’ll ever need to STAY with it and start one because it’s actually a really great thing to have.
Whether you use it to your full advantage or not…..well, that’s totally your call but here’s some fab reasons to own one.
Top 5 Reasons To Start A Blog
- It’s Therapy– use as a diary or a life journey, a way to relieve stress and simply rejuvenate. I find that writing on a laptop provides healing in so many ways. I used to be really angry ( sometimes I still am ) but I escape to start writing ( whether I publish or not ) and spending time typing helps calm me. It allows you to have alone time. If you can go to an office or a room by yourself and start typing, you’ll find that it essentially acts as a coping method for many.
- It’s Fun– you have to actually like it to do it but for a lot of people who quit blogging, they can’t really stop thinking about how fun it is and they end up starting a new blog again. Once you get the hang of it, you’ll find yourself dreaming up new post ideas, getting involved with blogging communities and offering fun ways to have people get to know you. Creating blogs that have crafts, shops, fashion, lifestyle and even food bloggers have a blast prepping, snapping pics and posting weekly about their events.
Blogging For The Fun Of It
- Connection– It’s a great way to connect with people from around the world. Get to know someone new, form a community of support, empowerment, encouragement. Build a network of similarities, as far as connecting with someone on a positive level, blogging can also have it’s flip side. It’s time consuming. But all businesses need one. I’ll discuss this further in future posts. Your clients need to see who you are, what you are all about and it builds your SEO ranking.
- You Learn A Lot– If you thought you knew everything, boy!!!! You have to start blogging to learn even more. You’ll find out things you never knew before. I learned quickly how to code and studied tutorials to know how to blog just because I wanted to know what I was talking about. While there is tons of CRAP on the internet as far as BOGUS things to get you to click on their website ( you’ll know the real ones from the fakes ), there are tons of really good posts out there if you need anything—just google. From ways to bake, cook, dress, secrets to doing certain things, how to’s, diy’s and more. You’ll learn a massive amount of stuff in a short period of time. You’ll also learn if this is for you or not.
- There’s Only One You– You have something no one else has. Knowledge about certain things, you can help people that you don’t even realize you’re helping. There’s millions of people in the world who have something to offer to someone waiting out there. People need someone to relate to. They may not relate to that one blog but they do yours. Share your stuff.
I did not mention that you could make money off a blog because that’s seriously a whole other topic! Can you, yes! Will you immediately, probably not. I don’t sugar coat anything here. It’s a waste of my time and yours. If you want to start a blog to make money I will help you! But I’m not going to list it as a REASON YOU SHOULD START ONE. Stay tuned for more blogging tips, the reality of it and obviously more coffee please!