22 Ways To Start Making Money From Your Blog Right Now
When I started blogging back in 2010, I realized there was such an incredible community of people who wanted to share their ideas, learn from one another and help build each other up. I quickly created a way to earn extra income as a stay at home mom by just using specific blog techniques. There’s so many ways to make money online but today we’re going to discuss the 22 most simplest ways. We’ll have you bringing in the dough (in no time). Struggling with how to even start?……we’ll walk you through it.
- CONNECT + BUILD – the first step is to set up your blog with making money in mind. It can be done quickly if you start by doing your research and make your site a rather attractive place for visitors to tune in. Need help with minimalism? I’m going to be rolling out a series in the category linked above so stay tuned. When your website is ready to start promoting you can and will want to get your links published on Twitter asap. Sharing on Twitter is going to get your Google rankings higher than any other social media site. Use the free way to connect by creating a community and becoming friends with other fellow bloggers. Swap ads and stick to a niche.
- ADD A PAGE FOR SHOPPING – shop my closet is one of the easiest ways to bring in extra cash. By simply creating a page where your friends can come stalk items you no loner want, you’ve quickly started making money. Make check out fast and easy, take good photos of the items you want to sell and market accordingly. Be sure to have good communication skills as well. Respond to questions and concerns asap.
- WRITE EBOOKS – if you’re thinking you’re not a writer, you have nothing to offer, etc……think again. This is the chance for you to increase your money flow fast. It doesn’t have to be long, even a 6 page e-book can sell repeatedly for $10 a pop. Whether it’s about learning something new, a book you wrote, a topic you like talking about, a mini recipe book, etc…….create ebooks for selling!
- TEACH ONLINE CLASSES – this goes hand in hand with the mentioned above. If you have knowledge in specific topics, it’s easy to talk about them, teach others what you’ve learned and make money while doing it. My Pro Tip: start a free course that leads to paid courses. By doing so you get readers tuned in and they want to learn even more. Your free course links to the paid courses and then you’ve got more income.
- RUN DEALS – promoting your sidebar ads could bring in more than you could imagine. When first starting, run deals every month. For EX: 200X100 ads run for more than your 50X50 ads and offer a low fee to get new bloggers enticed. I used to throw out $5 and $10 dollar deals on certain days and people would fill them right up.
- SPONSORED POSTS – this is such a fabulous way to get your readers to talk about what they are doing on their blogs and for a small fee they get more exposure and vice versa.
- SELL YOURSELF – this doesn’t pertain to everyone but putting yourself out there really does pay off! People are attracted to People! It’s how you present ‘you’ online that will end up making you bang. I think this goes along with shopping your closet and creating online courses. This is a great way for readers to get to know you! How will it make you money? Because people buy things from people they LIKE. Create that vibe and watch the money roll in.
- FREELANCE – many of my personal friends on FB have told me they like how I write. If you have a talent for writing, reach out to websites that are looking for writers. Write posts for others. Some people make a great living doing this alone. Advertise on your blog pages that you are available as a freelance writer so people looking can contact you about your services.
- AFFILIATE LINKS – I have never been a fan of this because I’m not searching for ways to make an extra income but if you include links in your sponsored posts and sidebars, you can earn a side hustle whenever someone clicks that link to purchase something. I don’t know too much about it because it doesn’t spark my interest but it might yours. So I found an awesome post for you to do your research on.
- SELL IT – if you’ve created a damn good following and like to start blogs just to re-sell, heck…..I know a lot of people that would buy it. So here’s the thing about blogging. Most would love to do it but don’t exactly know how. Build a rather decent blog to sell to bloggers that don’t know how to start up. You can even do this as a hobby. A good start up blog with at least 22 (there’s that number again) posts would gain interest in sales. Design well, write well discussed topics and then re-sell.
- BE AUTHENTIC – I generally do not trust blogs that have ad tonnage. It’s a huge turn off for most but if you are desperate in making money and want to be an ALL AD website, go for it. Just do you and be you! There are tons of blogs that hoard their space with ads and slow their computers down as well as their readers. If you would like to build a blog making profits then do what you believe in. If you do not mind those kinds of sites, go for it. Research how to use ads properly or just try to create other ways to make money. Either way, do what’s best for you!
- FOLLOW THE LEADER – the truth is that you are in a battle of winning the views you deserve. With so many people starting a blog just to make money and then neglecting it because they found out they truly can’t is mind boggling. Follow the right path and read from experience.
- DESIGN BLOGS – you can make some money even if you DO NOT have a background in designing. Simply teach yourself how to make blog buttons, banners and headers and sell them to your social media friends that cannot do it themselves. Creating these badges in paint can even be possible if you don’t have the software to design blog looks. There’s also tons of free software out there.
- PROMOTE LIKE A PRO – whether you’re sharing your links on Twitter, FB, IG or Pinterest, it’s also important to learn about creating the RIGHT ads to sponsor your own website. If you write an awesome ebook or ecourse, you’d want people to see it from all over the world. IG and FB ads are a bit costly but if you propose a good ad, people will click. Some of the best bloggers I have found and learned from were sponsored ads on FB.
- OFFER SERVICES – locally add specific services to your community. Adding a page on your website to describe a list of what you can offer and add it to Google My Business. This way people looking can stumble upon your website and call you for local services. It can be anything that interests you. Be creative.
- POST OFTEN – sharing your blog posts is really important if you want to make money. If you’ve shared it once on any of your social media accounts, once is NOT enough. Share it again. Go back to older posts, edit if necessary and share the link again on Twitter, FB, IG, ETC. You can’t possibly make any money if you’re not putting yourself out there.
- WRITE LONGER POSTS – shorter blog posts are a bit of the past. Now Google ranks highest by word count. You need to have well written posts with at least 1500-2000 characters. This also helps those businesses looking to hire freelance writers choose you to write for them. Proofread, write good and long.
- JOIN FACEBOOK GROUPS – do some searching on Facebook and see what groups allow you to share your blogs. The community over competition is overwhelming and there are tons of groups from all over the world that promote for you. Join those groups and share your links, products, ebooks, etc.
- OPEN AN ETSY SHOP FOR AD SELLING – this worked for me a long time ago. I opened an Etsy shop and listed my ad space available for those looking to get their shops out there. I listed over 10 ad sizes available, described what they would be receiving and earned some great sponsors this way. Believe it or not you can fill up your sidebar with just awesome homemade sellers and like minded bloggers and score big time. Be affordable. These people looking to promote their small business want to work with other small businesses offering great deals.
- BE A BOSS – running a website, selling ads and maintaining an online presence is a FULL TIME job. Treat it like such. The way to make money is to hustle, be a boss and well, look; we all make mistakes, learn from them and grow. That’s what’s great about the internet. You might fall but who the hell doesn’t know until they try. And then get your ass back up. Start over, teach yourself how to make money and be that boss you wanna be! Ain’t no better feeling. Trust me.
- INSPIRE AND BE INSPIRED – there’s a group I’m involved in that helps promote your business and the women in there are great. They give advice and are really all about ‘EMPOWERMENT’. Different groups, pages and even personal friends trying to run a small business online are there to help out. Follow the people that are A.) Positive B.) Do Live Videos C.) Ask questions a lot. These are the friends we need in our lives. Take your next level of making money to your own personal Facebook pages as well. Share what you love and inspire your friends. You never know who might want to support you.
- TRUST YOUR GUT – if you know that you’re capable of making the money you desire off a blog/website, then keep pushing towards that goal. I have fallen many times my friends…….but I constantly find myself back at what I love to frickin’ do and that’s BLOGGING. Trust your insides, do what you love and never give up! I promise you’ll succeed. Just remember that!
For more ways to earn money check out our tags and categories and if there’s a topic you want us to discuss….Just Holler. Until next time, go make that money, honey!